Acne is one of the most common skin problems around. But even though it might not be as dangerous as cancer, if you leave it untreated, it can severely disfigure your face. It doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman; acne is just as dreadful in both cases. Even though it is most prominent in youngsters and teenagers don’t make the mistake of thinking that it can’t affect you after a certain age.
Let’s take a look at a few of the different types of acne:
1. Whiteheads are basically small red pimples which have white pus in them. These are formed when pores on your skin get blocked with oily skin & dirt.
2. Blackheads are just like whiteheads with only one small difference, the top of their pimples are open & exposed to air.
3. Then there are pustules which are an inflamed type of pimples. They are hard & full of pus with a yellow or white centre.
4. Papules are inflamed acne which basically are red colored bumps on your skin. They are usually quite sensitive.
5. Nodules are very hard and are extremely painful as well. They are found under your skin.
6. And lastly, cysts are filled with pus & huge. They look just like sacs filled with fluid and are painful but they can easily get rid of them using a dermatologist.
Now let’s take a look at a few of the causes of acne:
1. The main cause is the stimulation of the sebaceous glands. This causes an increase in production of sebum which is a very oily substance. This keeps your skin lubricated and moist and also blocks hair follicles. This causes the formation of pimples on the outermost layer of your skin.
2. Bacterial infection can also lead to acne. This bacteria lives on your skin. It’s suggested that you don’t touch these pores as they can easily spread to other parts of your body.
3. As far as the food you eat is concerned, it may also be a reason for your acne formation. If the food you are eating doesn’t suit your skin it’s recommended that you change your diet.
4. Stress is another leading cause of acne formation. Even your immune system can become less effective because of acne.
5. And lastly, using too much cosmetics can block off the pores of your skin. In order to avoid this you should try and use organic or natural ingredients instead of artificial and cheap ones.